Our people, the Manager and the Board of Trustees, bring a range of valuable skills, experience and expertise to the Valley Trust.
The Valley Trust Manager, Sarah Hurst, deals with the day to day running of the trust and acts as a liaison between the Trustees, Supervisors and Counsellors.
Sarah has over 20 years’ office management and Board level PA experience and a Diploma in International Marketing.
Sarah is the point of contact for existing and new enquiries, tel: 01483 898637.
Board of Trustees
Our Board of Trustees bring a range of valuable skills, experience and expertise to their role. They meet quarterly and receive regular thorough reporting as to the finances and governance of the charity, and ensure that we are fulfilling our objectives in every respect.
- Alan Thorpe, FCA is a qualified accountant with a range of commercial experience. He acts as the Trust’s Financial Director in addition to his Trustee duties.
- Richard Fernie, BSc FRSA has extensive business experience having been Managing Director of several major plc subsidiaries and latterly developed his expertise buying into and growing smaller businesses.
- Peter Stansfield, BA (Hons) recently retired after a thirty-eight year career in industry and commerce where he operated at director level in the human resources area in a range of blue chip companies.
- Ben Elger is currently the Chief Operating Officer and Company Secretary at the Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education based in Reading. His knowledge within the schools environment is an important asset within the Trust.
- Amanda Kirkpatrick is a Business Development Manager with 18 years’ experience working in the professional services sector helping law, accountancy and consultancy firms to develop their client base and increase revenues at both operational and strategic levels.
- Linda Philippson has worked in local government and the charity sector for over 25 years, specialising in business development and partnerships.